Welcome to the Centurions
the ultra distance race walking site
"A Centurion is an amateur athlete, who has walked 100 miles within
24 hours in a judged competition in Great Britain”
Race walking is a "technical" sport and the official definition of race walking is...
"Race Walking is a progression of steps so taken that the walker makes contact with the ground...”
see more on racewalking and what you need to know >
what do you need to know about training for a 100 mile race?
Most race walkers "graduate" from shorter distance and build up to a 100miles/24 hour race. The training advice here comes from experienced athletes covering training, nutrition and lots more help for anyone wanting to complete a 100 mile race within the 24 hours.
15th-16th Roubaix: 28 hours plus 24 hour team relay - entry forms now available.
30th Centurion Social Walk Chelmsford to Heybridge - details
7th Dutch/Belgian 20km & 50km Champs. Tilburg
7th-8th 2018 NZ Centurions 24H Qualifier
11th-14th Marbella 4 Days Walk
20th-21st African Centurions 100 miles details
3rd CVN Reunion lunch - details and map
all the news
keep up to date with results, reports, Committee news...
- Centurions in action-World Masters, Malaga
- Race round up summer 2018
- Paris Alsace report and photos
- Multi badge Centurions updated
- June race round up
- Centurion Richard McChesney wins 24 hour race
- Centurion Chris Burn wins the Australian 100 miles
- 1st & 3rd at Chateau Thierry
- Bourges 24 hour report and results
- Notes from the 2018 AGM
- More news and race reports
- Social Centurions - be social!.... see what's happening at home and abroad .. Social walks page
Your privacy matters
To ensure that you are informed about how the Centurions use your personal data, we have updated the privacy policies on our website and on other social media platforms.