A few statistics
About Us > Achievements
... and a few stats
- Top four fastest 100 mile men’s times: see the complete list of the fastest (under 18 hours for 100 miles!)
16:31:38 Jan DE JONGE Bergen 10/11 April 1982
16:50:28 Richard BROWN Sint Oedenrode 22/23 May 1993
16:54:15 Frank O'REILLY Leicester-Skegness 01/02 July 1960
16:55:44 John MOULLIN Ewhurst 25/26 July 1971
- In 1977, for the first time in British 100 miles history, women were allowed to compete on equal terms with the men and the first Centurion qualification by a woman was achieved by Ann Sayer (C599) at the Bristol 100. In fact, Ann had become a Continental Centurion earlier that year in St. Odenrode finishing in a time of 21 hours and 46 minutes;
- Eddie McNeir (C375) completed 10 Centurion events between the ages of 65 and 75 after whom a trophy is named for the first man over 65 to complete 100 miles;
- John Moulin set the fastest Centurion qualifying time of 16.55.44 in 1971.
- Dave Boxall recorded six wins
- Richard Brown has won a record ten Centurion events
- Sandra Brown has completed over 26 UK 100 miles, and over 41 Centurion races around the world, and has won the UK ladies 100 miles event 25 times. Sandra became the first person to achieve all seven worldwide Centurion awards. (see the multi Centurions list)
- 1877 to 2018, 95 Centurion qualifying events have been held in the UK.
- In 2018 last number awarded was C1195
- Centurion qualifying events have been held annually (except during the two world wars when competitions were suspended) and now incorporate the RWA long distance championship.
- 17 of the 95 events held to 2018 have been track races.
- Dominic King (C1098) who qualified at Colchester in 2012 alongside his twin brother Dan (C1100) are the first twins to become Centurions
- the over 70s Amazingly there are a number of race walkers who achieve their Centurion status when they have reached the magical age of 70 or over. See the list of the "super vets" compiled by Gerrit de Jong
UK rankings -races where Centurions have competed
- 2017 - up to 50km
- 2018 - up to 50km
- 2018 100 miles best times men & women
There are also champions, world record holders, national and age category record holders, national and world best performances....