The Centurions Archives
Our archives consists of three types of material:
- "Old" paper records of race results, programmes, newspaper reports, letters, etc, which are deposited at the Surrey History Centre (see below). SHC now accepts digital material as well.
- Material which has been donated (elctronically) recording individual memories and stories how that 100 miles happened.
- Historic race walking material released on various news and social media channels
- The Centurions1911 website is also archived by the British Library as part of their digital preservation project. You can see previous iterations of this website at the BL webarchive site.[external link]
- You can also look at previous versions of the website dating back to 2003 at the Internet archive [external link]
Original material reflecting the history of the Centurions has now been deposited at the Surrey History Centre in Woking, Surrey (27th October 2011).Centurions are encouraged to visit the Archives and see for themselves: visit their website Surrey History Centre [external website] to chek out our archive...
You can take a Surrey County Libraries ticket or a County Archive Research Network (CARN) card to use the collections, but if you do not have either of these, take something official as proof of ID and address, such as a driving licence or bank statement.
It is advisable to book before you visit Surrey History Centre: Telephone 01483 518737 and quote the Centurions Accession Register number 8923 (Copy of Accession Receipt). The material will then be ready for you to view on arrival.
If you have any material which you would like to be placed in the Archive - please contact Sue Clements (Archivist) who will arrange for the material to be deposited at SHC on your behalf.