Bourges 24 hour
20th edition and French National Championship
4-5 March 2017
Entry form (including race details) in French
Entry fee - licenced athletes 30 Euros. It is possible to pay at registration without incurring the late registraion fee. Just ask when you send off your entry form.
Options for sending the entry form:
(1) print off entry form, fill in and post
(2) print off, fill in entry form and scan back to email to organiser.
The "official" hotel is the IBIS hotel which sponsors the race (special rate). It is a 10 minutes (pleasant) walk to the race venue The hotel has a bar and restaurant. There is also a supermarket next to the Ibis hotel if you want to buy your own race provisons.
The IBIS is easy to get to and from the railway station. See opposite for travel advice
First aid: provided on site
Feeding station: basic provisions - hot and cold drinks, soup, fruit, biscuits etc (but they are usually very good!). Note the feeding station is in the covered hall after you have passed the individual tables.
Athletes are advised to take their own personal provisions.
Toilets: in the hall (very good!)
Timetable on the entry form - but a summary...
Friday 4th March
- set up own support area, tent etc. Last year the organisers provided a large marquee for those with no tent or vehicle. It can be a bit of a battle for table space so hold your own!!! Additional chairs can be found in the hall. Don't be shy.
Saturday 5th March
- registration from 0800 - collect numbers and pay - in the hall du Carré d’Auron.
- note that number carries the chip timing - so take care! Two numbers are issued one for the front and one for the back. Numbers should be visible at all times. A Hi viz vest/tabard is required during the night.
- call of athletes 1230. Note they do test the chip timing at this time so please be there.
- start 1300
Sunday 6th March
- finish 1300
- prize giving 1500-1600 in the hall
note - it is possible to get back to the Ibis hotel after the finish, shower, change etc, and get back in time for the prize giving.
Saturday: small lap of 540 metres then a circuit of 2688,1 metres.
Sunday: from 12:15 small lap of 629 metres
1st stage- 1300-1900 (Saturday)
2nd stage- 0700-1300 (Sunday)
- first 20 men reaching 160 kilomètres
- first 10 women reaching 140 kilomètres
- first 2 men reaching 80 kilomètres
- first 2 women reaching 70 kilomètres
for those who have reached the classified distance : men 160km and women 140km