Specific activities / core role
- Maintain contact with all Centurions, especially active race walkers;
- Liaise with race organisers of Centurions 100miles/24hour and help and support the administration where appropriate;
- Ensure UK 100 miles/ Centurions race results are correct and present them to the Archivist ready for archiving;
- Seek views on upcoming events and report back to Committee about any issues raised;
- Attend Committee meetings and represent the views of Centurions;
- Liaise with official sports bodies (RWA, and regional bodies, etc.)
General duties and responsibilities
- The Captain should be approachable and be a positive role model for all Centurions by encouraging Centurions to be involved in any voluntary activities;
- The Captain should offer to help and support to others e.g. helping at events - especially the 100 miles, etc.;
- Be aware of views, and of what's happening within the Centurions (at home and abroad) and of what's happening in the governance of the sport generally;
- Represent Centurions at races -Area, National Championships, etc;
- Communicate with fellow team members and provide support and advice where needed.
- Committee meeting cycle (usually 2 or 3 times a year)
- Compile a quarterly Captain Newsletter to be distributed to Centurions by the Hon.Secretary to be published on the website
- Produce, distribute and discuss forthcoming events to Committee
- Prepare the Captain's Letter in good time to be included in the annual Centurions Christmas Letter. The Captain’s Letter should focus on achievements and participation of those who have competed during the year
- Alongside the Secretary, organise the 100 mile qualifying race where the Centurions have taken on the responsibility of the race organisation
- Attend the Dutch CVN meeting to present Centurion certificates to new Dutch and Belgian Centurions
What are the Captain's duties?
The Captain is the link between the administration of the club and the athletes. It is the role of the Captain to represent the views of the athletes within the Centurions, and contribute to the development of the Brotherhood of Centurions through providing advice and guidance from an "athlete perspective".