Previous Centurion Social Walks
- 25th November: the Cuckoo Trail, Sussex from Polegate to Heathfield Report
- 30th April 2017: A visit to the historic city of Cambridge. Report
- Three Parks & a Rose Garden Report and Photos
- London Bridges - Tower Bridge to Westminster Read the Report
- Camuplodunum Social Walk 23-25 miles Report
- ‘All things Windrush’ Report and photos
- In the steps of C1 John Fowler Dixon. A stroll aound north London See report and photos
- Where Romans once stood - a walk around Canvey Island and beyond. More...
- Bristol to Bath .... A walk along the former railway line. View report and photos
- Queens Diamond Jubilee Walk - 60km. Sunday. An urban walk along towpaths, footpaths and pavements around London to celebrate the Queens Diamond Jubilee. Report and photos Queen's Diamond Jubilee Walk
6th Octoer 2018 - Chelmsford to Heybridge
Suggestions for social walks are welcome!
please contact Strolls coordinator
Centurions Social Events
In November 2011, our Centenary year, several Centurions along with other long distance walkers, took part in the Hadrians Wall walk. It was a very informal walk over a weekend and proved very to be a successful event.
And so, this was the very beginning of the Centurion Social Walks!
Since then, there have been quite a few social walks - in various locations and of varying distances for Centurions, friends and family to meet up and enjoy a good day out.
We also believe the Centurions Committee should encourage and help develop opportunities for walkers to build up to competing in a 100 miles race in order to qualify for membership of the Brotherhood of Centurions. In the UK there are too few occasions for would-be Centurions to take part in long distance races in order to prepare themselves for a 100 mile race. And, importantly, to meet Centurions in a social setting.
In fact, our original aspirations were walks of 50k...and indeed our 2012 social walk was 60km. Since then, other walks have been much shorter. And in the winter months - much shorter still as we need to take account of daylight hours!
Have you any favourites walks to share? Or have ideas of what would make a great social walk?
Centurion Steve Kemp is the Centurions Social Secretary/SOcial Walks Coordinator who puts forwardsuggestions for our social walks. So do get in touch with Steve and tell him your ideas. Steve's contact details opposite.
The Dutch/Belgian Centurions in the CVN hold an annual reunion - in 2017 it was held on 2nd December in Heusden, Netherlands. read the Report.
October - Chelmsford to Heybridge - details and report of walk
Centurion social walks take place throughout the UK and are open to all.
Strolls secretary Steve Kemp firstname.lastname@example.org welcomes volunteer walk leaders and suggestions for new venues.
Contact Steve if you have an idea for a social walk in your area. Keep an eye on our website www.Centurions1911.org.uk for details of our Spring 2019 walk in Cambridgeshire.